Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Roasted Potatoes...recipe time:)

Hi All...I think I might start posting some recipes every once and awhile...let me know if you like/dislike, okay???

Here's a simple one for potatoes you might have (any potatoes work for this...I've used them all...baking, red skinned, white skinned, etc). 

1. Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in a plastic bag  (for us, I need to use about 4 medium sized pototaes...though, as the little ones get older, we will need more...and I always make more b/c they are great for leftovers...see note below)

2. Toss in some Olive Oil

3. Toss in some seasonings ... I have a seasoning mix that I make up and can use whenever we want...works well for a steak rub too.  It includes the following:
  • kosher salt (2.5 ounces)
  • fresh ground pepper (1/8 tsp)
  • onion powder (3/4 oz)
  • Garlic powder (3/4 oz)
  • Crushed red pepper (pinch...depending on if you like it a little spice)
  • Cayenne pepper (pinch)
  • Paprika (1/2 ounce)
  • Chipotle Chili Pepper (pinch)
Now, you can make this for your family using the spices you like.  I've also just put in Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, Salt, Pepper, Garlic/Onion Powders...this one's good when you're making a roasted chicken and use the same spices on the skin...YUM)  But, I always have the above mixture pre-made for a quick seasoning.
And SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE in the bag!!
4. Now spread out on greased pan (for some reason, I always put the pampered chef stone pan to use for these but a regular cookie sheet kinda pan is also ok)
5. Bake at 425 Degrees for approx. 45 minutes!!

That's IT:)  Super Simple Side Dish!!  Hope you found this helpful. 

I also make extras b/c I can fry them with peppers and onions and make Breakfast Potatoes...or simply add them to an omelette!!
Have a GREAT Night!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe.. Can you come down and be my cook/baker???? Please? Good benefits:)

    ReplyDelete