Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cleaning...and husbands...

Yes...I did just put those 2 things in the same subject...but oh, how they don't go together.  Especially when you have a husband who works full time and doesn't feel like doing anything when he gets home except eat, crap, and relax to a hunting show or some baseball.  And, oh, how we don't mesh when I get this itch to actually organize and clean and re-organize and keep cleaning!!!  I mean, we're only having a baptism/b-day party on sunday and our house is a disaster.  Literally, you could stand in the front door entry-way and just be blown away by the STUFF in our house and how it is so not put away anywhere!!!  Did you ever just stop and look around and feel so overwhelmed that you don't know where to start???  Yes, that's exactly what I have been feeling like lately.  But, today, I just had to put one foot in front of the other (anyone know what show that's from???) and went.  I was moving furniture and dusting and vacuuming...ok, so it was only in 1 room, but I do still have those 2 little pesky kiddies around:)  And, let me tell you something about Max:  if you don't let him help you, he gets these sad puppy dog eyes that start to water and he slinks away to go sulk somewhere and you just feel awful b/c of it and than you wind up letting him help but then it takes you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (I could go on and on and on) long to finish anything quickly!!  And than, there's my little Franny Girl who knows that I want to get stuff done and so she took a sabatical from napping today!!  Well, she did sleep on the way to Lowes...I think that was about 10 minutes...lol.  And yes, I did take all 4 kiddies to Lowes and than Shop Rite and yes, DJ was annoying and didn't listen and I made him write down:   I WILL NOT BE ANNOYING     20 times when we got home.  I'm a mean mommy!!  And than, they were in charge of cleaning the playroom.  They keep coming back to the kitchen to get some masking tape and tell me they are making labels.  I think: "this is great, they are cleaning and getting their toys organized and everything...they are just soooo awesome".  ha ha ha ha ha ha (this is like maniacal laughing)  A few  minutes later, they come in to give us an 'invitation' to Movie Night.  You know, where they set up all their crap all over the room in various positions and they each represent different things...like the concession stand and the ticket booth and the seats and the screen and so on and so forth.  I totally felt like a true spoiled sport when I had to tell them that this is not what they are supposed to be doing and that they really need to clean up the room b/c they are going to bed in 11 minutes and that there is no way we can all watch a movie tonight b/c it's a school night.  And than DJ tries to 'buy' his extra 30 minutes with his Falone Bucks but that would only be valid on a Fri/Sat night.  And than, I tell them that now I will have to clean up the playroom...yeah, I don't clean it like they do...I have a tendency to start throwing stuff out...I think I have a mental disease or something when it comes to cleaning b/c I don't do it don't do it don't do it don't do it and than all of a sudden I can't take it anymore and everything needs to be cleaned and I can't understand why no one else will clean anything!!!  Yup, definitely mental!!!  So, now, do I 'clean' their room tomorrow or give them 1 more chance to get it done???  That's the questionn of the night:(

OK...so back to the hubby...I know I have him until 10 b/c that's about when he goes to bed...and he wasn't feeling well tonight.  He is always not feeling well when we have things like this to get done...or something is always bothering him.  Though he might beg to differ, I really think it's mental and he just doesn't want to carry things or clean things or get anything done when there are no kiddies underfoot.  OK, so he carried a few boxes downstairs for me...but, more would have been nice.  I know, I'm never satisfied, right??  And I did say I would be more thankful for the things he does do.  And so, I am thankful that he was able to kind of keep Franny Girl occupied for a bit and than carry some stuff downstairs for me!!  OK???

Now, I should probably get some sleep because tomorrow is my last day to try and finish that room and organizing all my baking crap which seems to keep multiplying these days.  And I also have to clean some bedrooms b/c we are having out of town guests for the weekend.  Baby J comes thursday and friday and friday's are always a wash around here anyway b/c of all the after school stuff we have to get to.  Oh, geez, and then there's the grocery shopping to do...and the bathtub to scrub and the floors to be swept and both bathrooms need to be cleaned and laundry needs to get done...and I need to make a cake or something for the christening part...at least we are doing ice-cream for Kyra.  Speaking of Kyra...she will be 7 in exactly 3 hours...wow...7 years ago???  How the time flies.  I will do a special on her tomorrow with some pics through the years!!

OK- have a great day!!

My random thought of the day: I hate my washing machine and dryer...but at least I have one and for that I am thankful and hoping the washer is not about to die!!  Stupid machines..

2 comments:

  1. I am exhausted just reading this blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh....I am tired out now! Happy Birthday Kyra!

    ReplyDelete