Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Oh No...She's Mobile...

Yes, you heard me right...She's mobile folks.  She started crawling today...good think hubby stopped to get a new door knob for the basement door (that fell off during our party last weekend and could not be replaced so our door has not been able to close all week..)!!  It's so much fun to watch her 'get it' and keep moving...and as the day went on, she would crawl for longer stretches at time.  Guess I need to get out the gates and stuff...make sure the cabinets are locked up and the floors are clear of debris.  We already found a Barbie shoe, piece of balloon, some wires, paper and a bobby pin in her mouth...EEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!

AND- not only is she crawling, but she is trying to pull herself up onto her feet!!!  All while smiling and laughing at us!!  LOVEHER!!!!!

On another note- DJ played baseball this morning...not sure if he will be able to make any of the remaining games b/c this is RECITAL WEEK!!  But he might...who knows at this point, so I took some pics...
 Almost got him...check out where the ball is...
skipping down the base line...

After game, kids went to a b-day party and I finished my pops...YUMMY...made some apply looking ones (the cake is an applesauce spice cake w/caramel cream cheese) and a cake for my brother!!  Went to shop-rite, finished cake, got some food made (with help of Momma...love you) and had a nice dinner/dessert with family.  I often think that this doesn't happen often enough!!  I only live about 7 miles from my brother (I know, the other 2 live across the country so I have to be nice to the close one, right??) and we seem to barely see each other.  Life really does get in the way sometimes...though, I guess you could say 4 kids also gets in the way:)  With my cousin and her girls gone and now my mother leaving on Monday, I am starting to be a little sad.  I always wish my family were closer...not just in distance, but in relationships too.  I think we all rely on the other one to get in touch and when they don't, neither do we so we have this cycle of siblings and cousins not getting in touch b/c the world just goes by.  I think we need to push the PAUSE button and re-connect with the things that are important!!  Don't we all need to do this??  We have my niece from TX visiting as well!!  Kyra and her have become fast friends while she is here and has gone over to Uncle Kev's house for a sleep-over with cousin!!  We love her and are glad she could come visit:)


OK- enough of that...

 cake pops that look like apples...thanks to my boss for buying me my book and thanks to http://www.bakerella.com/
for the idea!!!


Random thought: Don't fill and frost your cake unless it's really 100% ready...otherwise, it will be crooked and perhaps will slide off of the plate...

No comments:

Post a Comment