Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Friday, June 10, 2011

Field Trip...2nd Grade Boys!!

OK...so we went to an Arboretum (not really sure how to pronounce this word but I was calling it an aboritorium) yesterday with the 2nd graders.  I got chosen to chaperone this trip...now, this is like a 1 in a million chance so I don't know if I'll actually get to go on another one.  I didn't care that it was the hottest, most humidest (is that even a word...) day so far.  I mean, I was standing in the shade with a nice hot breeze blowing and sweating in places I don't even want to talk about!!  But, my beautiful baby boy (I know, he's 8 now...but he'll always be my baby) thought it was the best field trip EVER b/c I was there with him AND he gave me a hug on the bus, sat with me and told me that he loved me!!!  That, to me, was the best part of that day!!!
And, my son was awesome!!  He was well behaved and calm.  It was almost scary!! 

 My morning coffee...nice and cold!!
 My beautiful boy!!  He really is a handsome devil isn't he:)
 Me and my baby!!
Water anyone???
 Cool Moms!!
On the bus..

Now, yesterday was supposed to be a really super filled day...but, due to unforeseen circumstances, our day was a little less hectic.  Kyra still had a fever so my Mom didn't have to drag the little ones up to school in the disgusting heat for a family picnic.  And than, DJ's game was cancelled b/c of the surrounding storms!!  Is it wrong to be thankful for the fever and the storms??  Because it definitely made the day a little better.  Though, my mom likes to try and get stuff done around my house and she got to deal with a whiny bratty feverish girl, Max, Franny and a washing machine that doesn't quite work.  Yup, it's not draining again!!  And, did you know that it's b/c of me and the way I wash clothes???  doesn't have anything to do with the fact that we've had it for almost 10 years now...nope...I just don't know how to wash clothes!!

And, to top off our day...we had a great evening with some Moms...Moms Night In!!!  It was relaxing and nice to veg out, eat, drink, laugh, dance, play games and get a little crazy!!!  I think some of the women who were there didn't know what exactly I was...you see, I really don't get out much and I was in such a wacky mood yesterday that I was a little out of control!!  You know, wild and crazy.  It's one of my many personalities that comes out every now and again:)  I love when she comes out to play!!!  I laugh and feel great:)  Yes, even though I didn't win the door prize, I still enjoyed the games.  I do love playing games...I just really suck at them!!!

Random thought- I think I had a dreamed in which my husband was a mean jerk or something b/c I woke up pissed off at him and couldn't shake the feeling that I couldn't stand him today b/c of something he did and I don't know exactly why I was mad!!  Ever feel that way???

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you were able to let lose and have a great time. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete