Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Monday, May 30, 2011

‘Tis the Season: Ants and Spiders…oh my


Yes, it’s true…there are ants in my house.  And, of course those spiders too.  I really do hate this season for this reason (and of course for those damn allergens floating around outside).  

Ants: How do I hate thee, let me count the ways…ok, I just can’t stand them.  And, they are those little ones.  I have this spray that is ‘good’ for the environment and won’t harm your kids and yada yada yada.  But, it doesn’t stop them from coming back.  You can spray them and they die but that’s about as effective as that spray gets.  I might as well just spray some 409 at them and at least my counters/walls/etc will get clean too.  And, the stench of this stupid spray really is horrific.  At least, I can’t stand it…YUCK.  So, we definitely need to just use that crap that is ‘not’ good for the environment and ‘not’ safe for the children…but, it will kill the ants and keep them from coming in!!   But, at least we won’t need the ant traps if we spray that kind.  Franny girl will be crawling soon and I just know she will try to eat the traps if we put them out.  EWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Spiders:  Yes, we live in an environment where spiders are always in our house.  It is inevitable and they will never go away.  I have come to accept this.  I don’t like it and I never will like spiders.   They just freak me out and if someone else is here to kill them than I say it’s their job to do so…for me!!   I just wish they wouldn’t hang out in my shower.  I don’t get lots of showers these days and I really don’t like to do it while a spider hangs out with me…really, they could just go away.  But, alas, there they were and so I had to kill them b/c otherwise I would be looking over my shoulder while rinsing and stuff hoping they weren’t about to hop on me or crawl near me.  Now, that would just be creepy and crawly and I’d be itchy for a week.  Yes, I am a freak about them.

My random thought of the day:
  Babies giggling in their sleep…love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment