Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Friday, May 20, 2011

Coffee...and blogging

Went to heat up my coffee earlier today only to find my coffee from yesterday still in the microwave!!  Guess the beeping actually stops reminding you that there is something in there...I really do miss my nice, hot coffee in the morning...and the next cup and the cup after that.  Again, I think I should just make some iced coffee so that there are no misleading ideas about what HOT means!!

OK, so, to blog or not to blog...that is the question.  When I started this, I thought I would just write some stuff down and send it out into cyber space and hope that I reached an audience of Mom's who could learn something and/or laugh.  It's only been a few weeks, but I have learned a couple things about this whole blogging thing and # 1 is that you need people to actually read it, right??  And so, when I say that I will be as  honest as possible, I am finding that it might not always be the case.  Because, you see, some people read this and think it's about them...or I might say something about someone and they take the wrong way so I find I am editing myself even here.  I just wanted to blurt everything out there!!  Can I really do that??  Nope, I don't think so.  So, when I say I will be as honest possible, it will have to be about me...yup, just me and my kiddies and my hubby.  I think...I don't know...If you think you are in here, please don't take offense to what I'm writing about, ok??  OK??? And most likely, it's not you I'm writing about!!

Also, I still don't know how to link other blogs to mine...so I'm still learing.

And- who even reads this crap...are you fed up with me by now??  what do you want to hear about??  do I need to include more pics??  are these things too long for you to read??  I want to hear from you?? Are you getting anything out of this??  I am, so it doesn't really matter if you are (well, I still like to know).  Wow, I'm a needy blogger, huh??  Oh, and how many entries in 1 day is too many??  Do you do more than 1 entry or should I just stick to my one and sometimes every other day??  I think it is what you make of it but, I just like to hear what you all have to say...so let me know!!

GOnna go try and sleep...ha ha ha...stop laughing!!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, I am a mother of two girls, a 4yr old and a 1.5. Stay-at-home mom like you. Can't catch up on the house work. Constantly struggling with the budget. At odds with the husband most of the time. And so sick of seeing toys everywhere I could scream. So from my point of view, I think your blog is perfect. It's just so nice to know that there are other moms out there that I have so much in common with. Cause I'll tell ya, over the past few months I have been seriously debating on whether or not I married the right man. But after reading all of your posts, I now see that I didn't marry the wrong man, I just married a heterosexual man. Sure, sure there are those women out there that hit the lotto and married men that work full-time jobs and then come home and do the dishes, take out the garbage and put the kids to bed without being nagged to do so, but screw them! I'm not one of them and to hell with them.
    Marriage is HARD. Marriage with kids is HARDER. So to be able to get on the computer at 1:30am and commiserate with you is really great. And I can only hope that it is cathartic for you to get it out as well.
    You're doing great. There is no set format. I encourage you to write stream of consciousness. You're funny! You don't need to be structured unless you want to be. It's all about you. So don't worry about us. We're here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on keepin' on my friend..I enjoy your blog posts! i think I will do a guest post today at my blog and link back to you, ok? OK! Maybe more will come and read your life stories!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is about your daily in's and out's of a stay at home mom with no help.. There are a lot of women who feel the same way, that their husband's think deer hunting is more important than those hugs or bed time stories or tv is more important than taking your child outside and pitching a ball to them or mowing is more important than riding bikes with your kids. Been there done it and would not want to be in that situation again.. Wait, that's part of the reason I was divorced:)... Love your kids for who they are, give them hugs and kisses and do what you are doing, and you will reap the benefits.. You are a good mom.. I know some of the stuff you write is about family and some of the times it is about family members.. like the one when I wasn't sure if we were coming or not, and that's ok cause I don't hold grudges.. Love you Dawn Marie....

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://just-starting-out.blogspot.com/2011/05/honest-family-living.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I found your blog link through Melismama and came over to say hello! I'm a fairly new blogger as well (5 months now) and have met some wonderful women through the blogosphere.

    I say, write what comes from the heart and not worry about how other people will take it. If they see themselves in your writing, perhaps they need to! These are your stories and your words... write your heart out!
    www.rosarymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!! Hope you enjoyed your reading and thanks for the feeback. I will definitely check out your page...

    ReplyDelete