Just in case she's not ready to be away from me for 5 days...just in case she's still nursing...just in case she needs me in the middle of the night...just in case. OK, just in case I'm not ready for this to end...there I said it. I know she can be ready...I know that I have to be the one to stop the boobs, not her, right? I'm starting to feel that mommy guilt thing and I'm not leaving for over a month. Is it gonna get any better?? And is she really going to start sleeping in the crib for the whole night again??
Oh, what to do what to do... It's only 5 days... so , don't get the passport, right?? That will force me to get us on track with weaning and cribs, right??? And so, I need to write out my pros/cons of bringing her:
- No time table on weaning
- No worries about getting her in the crib
- Hubby will get some sleep and it will be an easier 5 days for him
- Family in Ireland will get to meet her
- She's free on the plane b/c she's under 2
- I won't feel guilty leaving her home
- I won't miss her (I will miss the whole lot of them but for some reason I feel more guilty leaving her than them)
- Pay for a passport and hope that it gets here in time (timing is much better with these things now a days, right??)
- Lugging a carseat, stroller, diaper bag, etc on plane
- Totally disrupting her sleep should we actually get her on a schedule
- Hoping someone has room in their car for her carseat and me b/c there's no way I can rent a car
- Not having another set of hands to take her b/c she will be clingy
- Where will she sleep while I'm there???
I don't know. I think I'll look into the passport for her and go from there... Who knew I would feel guilty for getting away from the entire family?? Well, I only feel guilty from leaving my Franny...is that horrible?? I mean, it's not like hubby would ever think of bringing any of our children on one of his many hunting trips, would he?? Now, that would be funny...seeing hubby with a baby strapped to his chest while sitting in a tree-stand...lol
OK- I still don't feel any better and don't know what I'm gonna do. But, now I need to figure out what kind of dress to wear to a wedding in Ireland and do I need a hat???
Back to reality soon with school...got lots to do...later!!