Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Shower vs Dishes vs Laundry

Yes, there are times when I must decide among the above...and sometimes I actually do win out over the dishes and laundry.  You see, I often have a hard time finding the right time to take a shower and these days we are still trying to use a little water as possible b/c everything is still so saturated with water.

Tonight, I chose ME!!  Yup...my dishes will sit until tomorrow and the dishwasher will not run tonight but that's ok b/c now I don't feel so itchy and skeevy anymore.  And, I smell nice right now:)  lol

I find that if I don't have my crap done for the day- you know, the dishes and laundry and sweeping and lunches made and/or coffee ready, etc- by 8pm, than I'm not going to get it done.  Once Franny girl calms down and she is nursing for that final session, I am basically stuck with her until we put her in the crib.  Oh, I know, you say "Put her in the crib right away"... but, alas, for some reason even if she falls asleep before 9, if we put her in the crib she will always wake up within an hour.  BUT, if we wait until like 10:30ish, she has a tendency to stay asleep and actually sleep the night away in her crib.  And so, we just bring her up when hubby goes to bed and that is what works for now.  But, that does nothing for me getting my shit done and it still drives me crazy but by the time we get to 10:30 and I have finally gotten her off of me, I don't have an ounce of energy to do those dishes or change out the laundry or fold that basket sitting over there laughing at me.  Yes, my unfolded laundry laughs at me...

So, what's the moral of this story??  Well, I guess it would be that your dishes and laundry and cleaning will always be there tomorrow and the next day the the day after that and so on and so forth.  Even though it drives me crazy that I can't get to it when I want to, it will still sit until I can get to it:(  And, well, I kinda like smelling good sometimes!!!


Good hubby thing:  I asked him to stop at Payless today to find out if they had rain boots for adults and he actually did w/o complaining or attitude...rare..

What makes me happy:  an empty sink at night!!!

1 comment:

  1. did they have them? you can borrow mine after I use them for the next 3 days!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete