Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Monday, September 19, 2011

Pondering Blogging...

So, took a couple days off this weekend.  Let's just say I have been a tad bit busy.  Last week was the first full week of school, first week of watching new baby and first week of dance/gymnastics (after school crap).  To top it off, I also had an order of cake pops to make for saturday morning.

Yeah, making cake and pops takes time that I didn't have last week until the wee hours of the night...and so, Friday night was a very very very late night!!  Add in to that mix, a baby who went back to infantdom sleep patterns this weekend, a birthday party, a nonkid friendly evening party, a wake up early Sunday morning (like 5AM) to drive to airport, nutcracker auditions for kids, work at library, shopping for dress, fight w/hubby, geez...I think you get it.

And so, I have been a little quiet this weekend.  But, alas, Franny Girl has made it up to her crib (if the patterns of the past couple nights hold true, she'll be up in about an hour and we will be back in our 'recliner' bed together) and I now have a few moments to myself w/o having to do anything.  Although, I could think of a million things to do right now, I'm just gonna sit and write to you all.

Blogging... I have been thinking about this a lot too.  I call myself Honest Mommy...but I have felt like I need to hold back on what I write these days.  People think I am writing about them or they think they know who/what I am writing about and some of you take these things personally.  I write from my heart about what I am feeling and how I deal with my kids and hubby and all that fun stuff.  But, I have so much to say that I just can't write...so how honest can I possibly be??  Can I really write about the difficulties I have with my oldest son??  Can I write about how we are trying to work with him on certain things in life w/o getting judged b/c we are having these issues??  If I write about how Max is going through a hitting/throwing phase am I going to get people telling me every time he throws something at somebody??  And if I write about Kyra's attitudes and backtalk sometimes, is she going to be judged??  And so, how honest is honest??  I don't know anymore.  I am having difficulties trying to figure out what to write w/o pissing anyone off or w/o you all thinking I am writing about YOU!!  Most of the time, I am NOT writing about YOU... I may have gotten an idea about what to write based on a conversation or something, but it is just that.  OK???  I have soooooo much to say about the issues we as moms face in the world and I would like to just be able to say it!!

I guess I can just write and go from there??  

4 comments:

  1. It's YOUR blog, YOUR Feelings, YOUR words.....if people think that the post might be about them, then THEY have the choice to read or not to read. The only thing I would think is that your might have some "back lash" from people IF they think it's about them? But either way, they are your own words, and feelings....own them! 8) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to write a forum on non working mom's vs working mom's.. I was battered by a few class mates cause I said being an at home mom is harder than going to work and having some one else watch your kid.. Go figure..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree witih Melismama, it's your blog, post away. I had a friend that had a fantastic blog, more like stay-at-home sarcasm and she stopped it because people really thought that was the she parented. I loved her blog, keep begging her to bring it back or put in a book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that one thing that goes for all of us - blogging or not - facebook, tweeting, etc. is that if there is a Comment box - we have to expect ANYTHING. I personally have been cursed at by my own family for doing too much for my husband. I also think that some people that care about you guys may say things out of care or concern - maybe sometimes more than you realize... :) But again - if any of us are going to go "public" than we have to have the "thick skin" to take the comments ....and I agree with all of the above....

    ReplyDelete