Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Long Weekend...

Whew...it's Sunday night.  Oh, wait, it all starts again tomorrow???  Feels like there are no breaks here and it is neverending.

I love doing the Nutcracker and I love that my kids are enjoying their roles in the production... but boy will I be glad when it's over.  Hopefully, with no rehearsals we will get some stuff done around this house.  This dirty, messy house that I am in charge of.  I am beyond embarassed about my house these days.  I don't want anyone coming in it right now.  The floors need a good cleaning and the playroom needs a good 'cleansing'.  I could also use about a day to go through all the bags of clothes I have sitting in the girls room right now.  Mostly clothes that no longer fit Franny girl.  But, I have no one to pass it on to...perhaps I should organize it in lots and sell it on ebay or something.  I have A LOT of clothes which we have been fortunate to receive...would totally love to pass on.  I love the circle of clothes amongst my circle of Moms but right now it looks as though the girl clothes stops with Franny.

Weekends have stopped being a 'catch up' time right now.  We had soccer yesterday morning, I worked in the afternoon while DJ had rehearsal and then I had rehearsal myself.  Afterwards, I worked on making some 'baby' cookies and pink cake pops for a baby shower this evening.  Today we had religion, rehearsal for Kyra, work for me, Doug and kids went to see his mother and I had an evening with the ladies celebrating a new life about to join us.  Good times.

And so, I have come to the conclusion that perhaps not cleaning is a good thing.  Yes, we are all a little sick but not nearly as sick as what's out there right now.  I think it's b/c we are all used to GERMS circulating around the house...LOL... oh, and hubby had the audacity to try and tell me how and when to get laundry done around here...b/c you know, he had the 3 older ones with Max not in preschool and not watching any other babies and so I should do it just like he did while I was away i Ireland.  Oh, Ireland how do I miss thee let me count the ways...

OK- goal this week...finish laundry and sort out the clothes in Kyra's room (and the spillage into my hallway).  Let's see if I can get that done!!

Have a great night:)

Good Hubby of the day: he took the kids to see his mother (she is out of the rehabilitation center and back at home)

2 comments: