Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Poopaliscious...

I think I need to write a book called Poopaliscious, but for now, we will just concentrate on my wonderful, exciting (never a dull moment) day!!  Oh, and lots and lots of POOP!!

Hey, it happens, right?? Especially when you have 3 babies in at home (2 yours and 1 not).  Well, changing poopy diapers, especially those that are quite explosive, are one of the worst things to do.  But, I have to say, changing an explosive diaper of a baby who is NOT yours is definitely worse.  And let me tell you, this little itty bitty peanut just let it all out and all over.  Had to strip him down and throw him in the tub b/c there was just no escaping the scraping of poop down the legs, up the back and over the head!!  Yup, I know, GROSS!! (I'd post a picture of the crap but I think you all might gag and that's without even smelling it...yeah, I think I almost threw up the nothingness in my stomach...)

Now, as we all know, when kids are together they are always trying to keep up with the Jones's so to speak,right??  So, with that being said, keep in mind that I have my own 2 at home as well (the little ones that is) and they felt the need to just let it all out today too:(  I think I'm all pooped out from poop today!!

Before this all happened, I had my friends little boy here for a bit...than Baby C arrived...than Max comes home along with my girlfriend and her little girl.  So we had quite a full house and I was kinda glad my friend was here during the poop explosion of Baby C b/c she could guard the poop crap while I was able get set up for a bath of some sorts:)

So, onto the rest of my day... picked the big kids up at the bus and wasted some time before getting Kyra to dance.  Headed off to shop-rite and ran into an old friend before I even got into the store.  Now, that was fun.  Max decided he could remove the lose bricks from the column near us while DJ thought it was OK to climb the column.. Oh, and also pretend to be Harry Potter and walk into the column several times.  I'm so glad they listen and behave while I'm trying to have a conversation.  wonder what they would have thought if I tried to climb the wall, remove large sections of wall and run into the road and/or the column several times.  ha ha ha  think they would've thought I was crazy!!!

Finally make it into Shop-rite and meander down the meat aisle.  I always walk by to see if there are any deals (yellow labels...30% off stickers).  Yup... Valentine's Day seemed to be a lucky day for them... got quite a few deals.  AND, Tyson chicken was 1/2 off so I stocked up on some of that!!  I only went in for some oil for the car...came out with a pretty full cart.  That always happens when I walk in there with some extra money and good deals!!  Stocked up though and that's what's important, right??

Get out of Shop-Rite and there is a guy hanging out the back seat of a car puking his brains out.  Yeah, that's just what I wanted to hear as I'm putting kids and groceries in car... Double Yuck!!

DJ still taking up to 2 hours to get his homework done.  Thinking of really timing him and letting him deal with the consequences of missing recess at school b/c this is ridiculous.  Every night it's the same thing.  He constantly needs help with homework that is super easy if he just reads his book!!  I don't know if it's this attention span thing or if he's just really lazy b/c the answers are all pretty much spelled out in his textbooks.  So painful!!  Even harder b/c I can't just sit with him to help him figure it out.  This house has so much going on at any moment that it's really hard to have that 1:1 time even for homework.  Another daily struggle here at this house:(

As far as Valentine's Day is concerned, I never really celebrated it before and I really don't get the whole flowers chocolate thing.  If we are celebrating love, Great.  But, do we have to indulge our kids with all the cookies, brownies, chocolate candy, etc??  I think this is one candy holiday that may be a bit out of control!!


Random Information about February 14
1.we don't even know what Saint it's name for (did you know there are a possible 3 different saints that this holiday is named after??).
 From History.com:
According to one legend, Valentine actually sent the first "valentine" greeting himself. While in prison, it is believed that Valentine fell in love with a young girl -- who may have been his jailor's daughter -- who visited him during his confinement. Before his death, it is alleged that he wrote her a letter, which he signed "From your Valentine," an expression that is still in use today.
2.the Church dropped Saint Valentine's Day from their calendar in the 1960's b/c of all the confusion as to who this day belongs to.
3.The Saint Valentine's Day Massacre... yup... there was a Mob related massacre on Feb. 14 : The Saint Valentine's Day massacre is the name given to the 1929 murder of 7 mob associates as part of a prohibition era conflict between two powerful criminal gangs in Chicago: the South Side Italian gang led by Al Capone and the North Side Irish gang led by Bugs Moran.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Valentine's_Day_massacre
4. The first notice of Valentine's Cards started showing up in the 1840's
5. Imagine half-naked men running through the streets, whipping young women with bloodied thongs made from freshly cut goat skins. Although it might sound like some sort of perverted sadomasochistic ritual, this is what the Romans did until A.D. 496.  http://news.discovery.com/history/history-valentines-day-121302.html
6. Valentine Cards rank 2nd in the amount sent out... the first being Christmas
7.Valentine's Day is not celebrated in the same way in every country...and it may not even be celebrated in the first place  to read more about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day

However you celebrate your love for each other, whether it be today or every day, Enjoy it!!  I'm enjoying my Poop-free hour with a nice chilled glass of wine all by myself:)

Here are a few pics of the day:
Max's Valentine today:)
 

Sibling love:)
 

 


1 comment: