Here are some things about the dentist that I know we all can't stand (had some lovely cavities filled... cleanings are a little different...well, maybe not)
- The sound of the drill... I tense up and squeeze my hands even though I really can't feel a thing
- The lovely NUMB lips, teeth, nose, eyes, jaw... yup... the whole right side of my face was completely numb
- The way they ask you to rinse after the Numbing Juice is at 100%... I think they have little cameras up and watch us during their lunch breaks so they can laugh... ummmmm... drool much??
- The TV's they now have in all of their rooms... yeah, sure, because I can actually watch it let alone hear it while you are working on me???
- The way the dentist seems to wrap their arms around your head while holding your mouth open... oh, and your head is twisted and at an odd angle and your mouth is so completely open that your jaw locks into place and you have to pop it back in...
- The VACUUM... can't these people practice on something so that they keep it off of you cheek?? I mean, I know I can't feel it on the Numb side, but every time it starts sucking on my other cheek, I CAN FEEL IT!!!
- The terminology they use while shoving things into your mouth... um, whatever happened to common tools like the scalpel and stuff??
- I love when ask you how your doing.. I just want to spit at them b/c that's about all I can manage at the time anyway. Well, that or some drool...ha ha ha
OK...I'm done ranting. At least my dentist cares about my teeth. If I miss a cleaning, they call and eventually send a letter scolding me for not coming in...
On to the cupcakes of the day.. so, DJ's birthday was 2 days ago and I am bringing in cupcakes for his class. I asked him what he wanted and his request was simple: blue cupcakes with snowmen on them and snow in the background. Yup... simple. Oh, and I had to make sure there was something for a kid who is allergic to flour... please Mom, you have to make him a cupcake too. Well, he got blue cupcakes with a snowman...no snow (my hand got too tired from squeezing out the frosting while making the snowmen) and we bought a gluten free thingy for the kid:)