Wednesday, September 5, 2012
AND away they go...
This is my 'happy' dance just after they left on the bus... the bus that we almost missed on the very first day of school (actually, I think we all almost missed it b/c she was about 9 minutes early... 9 minutes is a lot of time when you're trying to get kids up, fed, dressed, clean, packed and out the door...trust me, every nano second counts):
- I think every piece of food I attempted to feed her today was either thrown on the floor, thrown back at me or chewed and spit out somewhere you are most likely to walk in it...
- I also think I really really need to get those clothes (remember her pile?? it's still there..lol) out of my living room so she'll stop going through them and trying on every pair of shoes that don't fit... AND,
- she now knows how to unscrew bottles (but at least my kitchen floor is now clean and at least it was only water today and not my butter flavoring(
- she also now thinks I am her personal play horse when I'm on my hands and knees picking up all the things she's thrown down there
- she pulled out every book on the bottom 2 book shelves today and laughed at me
- oh, and they ate pudding (this didn't get thrown on the floor or back at me...as you can see)
Need I go on... And so, I didn't get a chance to miss the big kids too much today and my day went quickly.
Kids comments on their teachers:
- DJ- My teacher is AWESOME and SOOOOO COOOOOLL... I'm already starting to like school this year
- Kyra- She's nice and I like her.
I guess we will see how the rest of the year goes...especially DJ's enthusiasm. The kid was amazing after school today. I let him have a small playdate after the bus and when he came back, instead of playing with everyone else outside:
- he came inside and emptied his backpack
- placed his lunch box on the counter next to the sink
- took out his homework and proceeded to do it (math sheet and a q&a)
- talked incessantly to me about his day and his teacher and classmates
- took out his clarinet b/c he wanted to try it again
- fixed his mistakes on his homework with very little fuss
- AND, got him to read a few chapters of a new book we are trying out
UMMMMM, yeah, let's hope this keeps up!! lol
If you have kids and they went back today, last week or are going tomorrow, hoping they had a good day and/or have a great day!!
And, of course, please don't forget to vote for my Blog on the Circle of Moms Top 25 NY Blogs. Every vote counts and you guys have been absolutely amazing!!