I took pictures and thought you all might like the recipe...enjoy!!
- Risotto Rice - 1 cup
- Small onion- diced
- Minced garlic - can use fresh or jarred
- Italian Seasonings
- Parmesan Cheese
- Chicken Stock (can use any stock you want...I also reserve some of the water from the asparagus and use that along with the stock)
- Butter - 2 tbs
- Oil - 2 tbs
1. Gentle boil the asparagus in salted water until tender
2. Remove asparagus and reserve the water
3. In sames pan, Sautee the shrimp in some butter and garlic to give it a little flavor
4. Sautee onion in some butter and oil for approx. 3 minutes or until soft
5. Add risotto to pan and toast for approximate 3-4 minutes...this brings out the flavor of the rice. You can also add your seasonings at this point
6. Add approximately 1 cup of your stock... cook until all liquid has been evaporated
7. Continue adding liquid and cooking down... you can alternate between the stock and asparagus water. You should need approximately 3 cups of liquid. Sometimes a little more...
8. Repeat until the rice is al dente. Make sure you stir often to avoid the rice sticking to bottom of pan.
9. Add in your asparagus (I cut it into bite size pieces before adding) and shrimp
10. Sprinkle your parmesan cheese and stir
Enjoy!! Sprinkle some additional cheese on top if you want:)
You can mix up the flavors/proteins in this recipe...as well as seasonings:) Scallops and shrimp is a nice one too. Leftover chicken would work well...use rosemary to season. Sometimes I add white wine at the end to give it an extra boost of flavor.
Would love to know if you make it and how you did!!