Holiday pic

Holiday pic

Monday, September 9, 2013

Back to School Time...

Hello all... hope you are all doing well out there in Mommy Land:)  Things have been crazy busy hectic around here.  But, alas, the new school year has begun.

I'm sure some of you are happy...ecstatic even.  And I know some of you are sad to see them go off into the big bad world.  This year is a little different for me...as I am usually pretty happy with shoving them up the steps of that big yellow bus.  But, alas, this year I have a Kindergartner on my hands.

Yes, it's true.  My little man Max has grown up way too fast and entered the land of school.  My Max.  I know.  I know we shouldn't have favorites among our own kids.  BUT...he's my little mush ball of love that has entertained me from day 1.  He's never been in daycare and I've always been with him.  AND... he has this little charismatic way of keeping me entertained throughout my day...even though there are times when I just needed him to stop talking...I will miss him.  I know Franny will miss him too... She keeps telling me that she's 5 and going to Kindergarten too:(  Nope...not yet Franny Girl!!

I like to call the year of Kindergarten:  'The year of Conforming to meet Societies Expectations'.  Once you enter school, there are rules and expectations of the little people.  There can be no streaking down the hallways, no pooping in the nude, no walking around in just your undies...nope...this is the year they learn to keep their clothes, shoes and socks on.  This is the year they learn that the sky really is blue and you should color your skies in your pictures blue as well.  This is the year where grazing throughout the day is not OK.  Nope...you eat lunch at the same time every day and get your snack at the same time every day.  This is the year you will learn that papers need to be put in their proper place (your folder...or mommy gets mad)..

But...this is also the year where you learn to leave the nest a bit and test out everything you've learned in the precious 5 years you were home.  I know, I know...he went to preschool, so some of these things he already had figured out...but not everything.  Not yet.

I hope he can keep his little personality and all his quirks and not drive his teacher Mad.  I hope he makes new friends and learns to read and write a little better.  I hope his teacher enjoys him as much as I have!! I hope he has a blast!!

I know...it's not the end of the world.  But there is a little piece of me that is missing with him gone all day!!  I even cried this year when he hopped, skipped and laughed onto the bus.  He's excited about all this Big Boy stuff and so am I .. really.. I am... just a little sad at the same time.

The 2 older kiddies were somewhat happy to go back but not happy about an earlier bed-time and an earlier wake up time.  I wish for a great year for both of them as well!!  Oh, and while I'm wishing...not so much homework this year.  Lol

I hope, if you have kiddies in school, that you had a great beginning.  Here's to a great school year!!

Oh, and just so you know, this momma has already screwed up this year.. yup..on Max's 1st 1/2 day of school, the momma forgot to send in a lunch.  1/2 day for the past 5 years meant no lunch.  Completely forgot that these 1st two days of school for kindergarten, lunch is served.  Oops..

PS- I have a goal...yes, it's true.  My goal is to do this at least once a week with some recipes thrown in there..  including some drink specials:)

And here are a few more from the 1st day of school:)
 



3 comments:

  1. Yes Max has the kind of charisma about him to where he will succeed at whatever he does. He is so personable and is loved very much as well as the rest of the crew....Good school year to all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah to Max and the kids....Great goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm those little shorts she is wearing would be real easy to take off, I would love her to stop at my house after school and I will get her nkd and teach her stuff she will never learn in school

    ReplyDelete